2 bunches of kale, destemmed and torn or cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1/2 cup diced onion
Crumbly cheese of choice (we used blue cheese, but goat, feta, pecorino, or similar cheeses work great, too)
1. Set the kale aside in a large salad bowl
2. Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk together until well mixed.
3. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the kale and using your hands, massage the vinagirette into the leaves for a few minutes, until the kale is well coated and turning dark green.*
4. Toss in the remaining salad ingredients and refrigerate the salad for at least one hour before serving, this will allow the flavors to marinate and really set in. Serve, eat, and enjoy!
Note: The salad is just as good the next day! It allows the flavors to marinate and intensify even more and the kale lettuce should hold up well without wilting.
* Massaging the kale helps to break down the rough, leafy lettuce, making for a lighter salad.